I actually got a fair amount done in March! Just not necessarily with the goals I had set, lol. Let’s take a look.
- Finish scrapbooking November 2015. I actually did this! Yay for me!
- Finish scrapbooking December 2015. lol. Nope.
- 4 Project Life layouts. I actually did this too! So, no catching up with scrapbooking or Project Life, but at least I didn’t fall further behind.
- Finish the dang cross stitch! So so so so close. And yet so far. I am almost done, but I did not finish by my Grandmother’s birthday yesterday. ::sigh:: There’s always Christmas?
- Finish the dang blanket! This one has to be done by the 9th, and I’m pretty sure I’m going to make it. I started on the final border last night and then I need to weave in the ends.
- Bluebonnet pics. Well, they sucked but they’re done. Getting all 3 kids to look at the camera and smile at the same time is way harder than it sounds. And it sounds pretty hard.
- Summer boredom buster thingy. We tested this out over Spring Break and it was a big hit! I came up with 3 categories: Outside Fun (self explanatory), Desk Time (arts and crafts/ writing), and Badge Work (the next step of whatever badge she’s currently working on). Then I come up with a “challenge” for each category. For example, her current outdoor fun challenge is to practice setting (volleyball) for 30 minutes. Her current desk time is to write 5 letters home from Camp Half Blood as if she was Percy Jackson (her new favorite book series). Once she’s completed 5 things, she earns 30 minutes of screen time.
- Move water table to front yard. Haven’t managed to do this yet…
- Do 4 fun “educational” and/or crafty things with the babies. Haven’t managed to do this yet either, but Mis is cruising along the furniture so I’m still calling this month a win.
- Plan something for the babies’ second birthday. Mom to the rescue! My mom planed a birthday gathering for our April birthdays and my sister made cupcakes for the twins. It was low key and absolutely perfect.
I have so many projects that are “almost done” that it’s insane. This month I’m tackling some of them! That said, bring on the April Goals!
- Finish cruise t-shirts. Since I’m insane, I agreed to make 46 t-shirts for my step-mom. I’m so close to being done, but I screwed up one of the shirts so I need to order another one. The vinyl is cut and ready to go for the final shirt.
- Finish blanket. Y’all. I seriously only have 18 rows to go and then weave in the ends. But it must must must be done by Sunday for my sister’s baby shower.
- Onesie. Speaking of my sister’s baby shower, my grandmother wants me to make a onesie with some vinyl on it. I have the supplies, I just need to actually design, cut, and iron it.
- Camp Half Blood shirts. I’m too cheap to pay shipping for 1 shirt to replace the one I screwed up, so I decided to make a Camp Half Blood shirt. I knew Kate would want one so I opened it up to my facebook friends and 3 or 4 people were interested. Now I just need to do the design work and actually make them. Oh, and order the shirts. lol.
- Finish scrapbooking December 2015. This is a tall order, and I’m not sure I can make it happen. It would be awesome though since it would mean finishing up a whole year and a whole book. I guess I need to sit down and get to printing some pics. Speaking of which, I need to order more photo paper…
- Project Life. If I want to avoid getting even further behind, I need to do at least 4 weeks. I’m on October 2016…
- Edit Pics. I haven’t pulled pics off of my real camera since February. Whoops.
- Scrap 4 current layouts. Maybe from Spring Break?
- Donate cookies. We have some boxes of Girl Scout cookies that we need to take to the fire station.
- Sell Stroller. It’s time to say goodbye to the double snap n go. ::sob:: I’m going to try to sell it on craigslist.
Look Ma! I used my Silhouette! If you follow me on instagram, you’ve already seen these pics, but I wanted to blog them anyway.
How cute did they turn out! I found a file that I liked and then tweaked it a bit. It turned out exactly as I envisioned. Bonus points, my neighbor wanted shirts too so she “paid” me by buying all of the supplies. Yay free vinyl!
And here are my 2 cuties in their new shirts! I’m so happy with how they turned out. I might even try to take their pics with my real camera, though that would probably be pushing my luck. lol.
And now it’s Spring Break! Yay!!! Maybe I should come up with a cute hashtag for our Spring Break adventures… Hmm..
I was actually fairly productive in February! Just not in a blogging way. lol. Let’s take a look, shall we?
- Finish cross stitch. I’m not done, but I’m getting closer. This is the last month though! I must finish it by April 2nd.
- Finish December Daily. Nope. Didn’t even look at this. lol.
- Scrapbooking. I actually got a lot done! I finished September and October of 2015. Whoot whoot! Now I just need to keep the forward momentum going.
- Project Life: Well, I’m almost done with one layout. lol. I really need to take some time for this. I have some gorgeous kits I’d love to use!
- Ball up yarn and get started with the knitting. I almost finished the border, but then I realized that I needed to buy another skein of yarn to do it. This is time sensitive though! Must be finished by mid April.
- Set up new planner and start using it. I haven’t done this, but I did find a calendar that I’m writing things down on.
- Sell all the cookies. We did it!!! And I registered Kate for a week of camp.
- Prep materials for February Girl Scout meetings. Done and done! I also went to a full day training so that we can now have campfires with the girls. Technically I think we can also backpack Bear Grylls style but I think we all know that’s not happening. lol.
- Plan an awesome Spring Break. Done! We’re going to go visit family for a few days on the coast and then Kate and I are doing a mommy daughter camping weekend. (Don’t worry. In cabins. I think they even have AC.) I even made Kate an awesome road trip activity book.
- Make Valentine’s Day shirts. Done! And I just ordered the stuff to make St Patrick’s Day shirts.
Shall we set some March Goals?
- Finish scrapbooking November 2015.
- Finish scrapbooking December 2015.
- 4 Project Life layouts.
- Finish the dang cross stitch!
- Finish the dang blanket!
- Bluebonnet pics.
- Summer boredom buster thingy. That’s a technical term. lol. I have no idea what this will look like, but my plan is that it has ideas for things that Kate can do independently when she comes to me and says she’s bored this summer.
- Move water table to front yard. Our front yard has a nice covered porch and our backyard has zero shade so I’m thinking of trying to create a little play area out front.
- Do 4 fun “educational” and/or crafty things with the babies.
- Plan something for the babies’ second birthday. :sob::
I think it’s fair to say that I didn’t meet my goal of blogging more. lol. Nevertheless, I did get some thing done. Let’s take a look, shall we?
- Finish December Daily. I didn’t finish, but I made some serious progress. I’m currently working on pages 21 and 22. (Since they’re front to back I always do 2 pages at the same time.) So close!
- Finish cross stitching the base of the design. Back stitching can be for February. Well, I almost got this done. I figure another 2 or 3 days and I will be finished with the base. Which is amazing because I honestly thought there was no way I would finish this.
- Ball up yarn and finalize design for blanket. Haven’t balled up the yarn yet, but I have finalized the design. Time to dig out the needles.
- Scrapbooking: Knock out December 2015 and make a dent on December 2016. I got 3 layouts done for December 2016, but none for 2015. Whoops. What I did do was August 2015! It’s totally done. And, I went ahead and printed the pics for September 2015.
- 8 Project Life layouts. Well, I got 2 done? lol. I’m just falling further and firther behind with that project.
- 2 trash bags from scrap room. Done!
- 2 trash bags from bedroom. Done!
- Pack away Christmas stuff. Done!
- Design and create Valentine’s Day shirts for the kiddos. Still need to do this. Especially now that it’s actually February.
- Design and cut out designs for our snazzy new water bottles. Still need to do this.
So what happened? I’m usually way more productive in January. Well, I’ll tell you. Girl Scout cookies happened. Raptor really wants to go to camp this year and if she sells 400 boxes than she gets $60 to put towards camp. I foolishly told her this and that if she managed to sell the 400 boxes that I would cover the difference. She is working her little butt off, but damn. 400 boxes is a lot of cookies! Especially since we were out of town during the first week of cookie booths. Still, I think the end is in sight. She’s sold 280 boxes so far and she has 120 to go. Fingers crossed!
I’m also taking a more active role in planning things for our Girl Scout meetings, at least during cookie season. It’s been loads of fun. I’m really enjoying being more involved. It does leave less time for crafty pursuits though. That said, shall I set some February goals?
- Finish cross stitch! Yikes. This is a project I’ve been working on for years. I started when I was pregnant with the twins! I’m not sure what I’ll start next. Maybe I’ll actually do a cross stitch for my house. lol. This was also the last big unfinished project that I promised myself I would finish before starting on my quilt!
- Finish December Daily. Only 3 layouts to go!
- Scrapbooking. OK. If I don’t finish at least one month a month then I just get further and further behind. ::sigh:: So I really want to finish September 2015, print pics for August 2015, and do at least 10 current layouts. I should be aiming for finishing 2 months a month, but lets be real, ain’t nobody got time for that!
- Project Life: Since I’m focusing on scrapping this month, I’m just going to try to not get further behind with Project Life. That means 4 layouts. Unclear if those will be September 2016, January 2017, or a combo of both. I just know that I need to play catch up in a big way!
- Ball up yarn and get started with the knitting. I’d like to get the bottom border (20 rows) done.
- Set up new planner and start using it. Right now I have a million scraps of paper everywhere. I need to get more organized.
- Sell all the cookies. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
- Prep materials for February Girl Scout meetings.
- Plan an awesome Spring Break.
- Make Valentine’s Day shirts.
Y’all. I really want to get this done before my Grandmother’s birthday in April. I’m not sure if it’s possible, but I’ve been stitching like a bad woman this past week or so! I figured I’d share a progress report here since I don’t have anything new and scrappy to share.
I started on some of the back stitching already so I could break it up a bit. I have a long way to go, but at least I’m making some progress!
I’m still plugging away on my December Daily, but I’m in a bit of a scrappy holding pattern until that’s done. I need to do a major clean up/ purge of the space, but that just seems so boring. lol. Once that’s done, I think I’ve decided to go ahead and start my 2017 Project Life album and just work on 2016 at the same time. I also need to make a serious dent in my back log of to be scrapped photos.
Oh 2016. What a year. The highs, they have been high; and the lows, they have been low. It’s been a wild ride! This December, I found myself in need of perspective so I’m starting off the new year by rereading my favorite book of all time, Shogun. One of the characters is teaching another about Zen Buddhism and I find that I need to reread those lessons every few years. As you can see, my copy has been well loved. lol. Pretty sure I “borrowed” it from my mom when I was in high school and never gave it back.
In other news, I’m working on my annual January purge! I finally accepted that I am not going to put the twins back in cloth diapers and I’m boxed them all up to pass on to another mom who is picking them up
before I can change my mind tomorrow. Hopefully this is the jump start I need to clear out all of the babies’ outgrown clothes and sort through our latest boxes of hand me downs. I also really really really want to do a major purge/ reorg of my craft room and my bedroom. We’ll see how far I get before I run out of steam.
I made a goal this fall to actually finish some projects before starting new ones and I did pretty good on that front! I finished a cross stitch project, a set of felt letters, and two stockings, all had been in my To Do pile for at least a year. Of course, now I’ve got a whole new pile of projects to finish, but truthfully I wouldn’t have it any other way. Some big ones are a surprise baby blanket for my sister, a massive cross stitch project for my grandmother, and 2 more stockings. I also want to make some new shirts and stuff with my silhouette and maybe even try to sell a few of them to pay for my vinyl habit. 😉 And then, as always, my never ending scrapbooks. lol. On that note, how about some goals for the month.
- Finish December Daily. I’m on day 16 and I’m keeping it pretty simple so I feel like I should be able to knock it out this week.
- Finish cross stitching the base of the design. Back stitching can be for February.
- Ball up yarn and finalize design for blanket.
- I’m skipping ahead a few months (I should be on August 2015), but since I have all of my Christmassy scrapbook stuff out, I’d really like to knock out December 2015 and make a dent on December 2016.
- I would also like to start catching up on Project Life. Hmm… Maybe I should go ahead and try to stay current with January while going back and filling in the gaps of 2016? I’ll ponder that further, Let’s just say 8 Project Life layouts.
- 2 trash bags from scrap room.
- 2 trash bags from bedroom.
- Pack away Christmas stuff.
- Design and create Valentine’s Day shirts for the kiddos.
- Design and cut out designs for our snazzy new water bottles.
So, some big goals, some small goals. I’m also going to try to blog more regularly, but I know better than to make it a goal at this point. lol.
I finally took some pictures of the kiddos. They aren’t perfect, and next year I am
totally hopefully finding a way to have a pro take some for us, but nevertheless I’m glad to have something. I even got a few pics of Xander that are actually pretty good.
The secret? Candy canes. lol. Baby boy never sits still so most of the portrait type pics I have involve Mia sitting like a little angel while Xander is a blur running off in the background. But he apparently loves candy canes.
My other trick was to have Kate read them a book so that there was hope they would sit still. It worked!
The hat was also a hit. And you can’t see it since she’s sitting down, but Kate has on her red cowboy boots.
This was a new spot for me to take pictures (but apparently a popular one. lol. We saw at least 2 actual photographers out there) and by the time I found the best spot the light was fading fast as were the babies. And then my camera battery died. lol. I was going to drag everyone out again the next day to try again, but then RaptorDad pointed out that that was crazy. So here they are! My imperfect, but good enough, Christmas card pics. You know, for the Christmas cards that we aren’t sending this year. 😉
January is coming. A new year, a new beginning. December has been hard, y’all. I wasn’t really feeling the Christmas spirit, although I tried to keep things fun for the kids. RaptorDad, bless him, really stepped it up this year as far as holiday traditions go. Plus, I must have been an exceedingly good girl this year as Santa brought me the fancy Kitchenaid mixer that I’ve been dreaming of for the past 14 years. And since his elves at Amazon shipped it in its original packaging, I got it a week early! RaptorDad was so mad that his surprise was ruined, but I loved having it for Christmas baking. I even tackled the oft requested merengue pie. I foresee a loooooooot more baking in my future.
But January. I always love January. It always seems so shiny and new and full of endless possibilities. I love making lists and goals for January. Why wait! I’m going to make a little mini to do list for the week right here to keep myself accountable. Starting with blogging! I’m shooting for 3 times this week. With actual pictures and finished projects.
- Blog 3 times. Shoot, maybe I’ll even go nuts and have some more blog posts cued up for next week!
- Write and mail thank you notes.
- Mail Raptor’s Girl Scout Christmas Cards. I even bought stamps today.
- Pictures of the kids. Let’s be honest, Christmas Cards aren’t happening this year, but I at least want some pictures.
- Pack away Christmas stuff. I know, I know. I should leave it out until epiphany, but I’m just done this year.
- Work on December Daily. I have 9 days done; I’d love to get at least 5 more done this week.
- 1 garbage bag of clutter from art room.
- 1 garbage bag of clutter from my room.
- Deal with laundry nightmare in the babies’ room.
- Find out where to donate cloth diapers. Sorry Mother Nature, we lasted about a year longer than I expected with twins in cloth, but the jig is up.
And since I promised pictures of finished projects, did I ever share pictures of the babies’ stockings? I finished right in the nick of time. (I literally finished Mia’s stocking on November 30th lol.)
And here it is! The cording for the marionette strings is not a task that I ever wish to undertake again, but I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out overall.
I love the nordic feeling of Xander’s. The one weird thing is that their names went on the backs of the little hanging ornament/ snowflakes. I might end up creating something new for that down the road, but for now, I’m just thrilled that they are done.
I’d say that I was going to take a break from the felt for a while, but I just told my sister that I would make my brother-in-law one so it looks like I’ll be playing with felt for a while more. Luckily there’s still plenty of Gilmore Girls to watch.
Oh my. Perhaps I should just accept that I only seem to be capable of blogging once a month. ::sigh::
I have a strict policy of keeping things happy and light on the blog, but y’all, I just can’t right now. My best friend lost her battle with lung disease this weekend and I am just broken. I am going to try to continue with December Daily, but let’s just say that the holidays have lost their sparkle for me this year.
With that said, I’m still setting some crafty goals for December. How’d I do in November? It was hit or miss.
- Take down Halloween decorations. Done.
- Make some kind of handprint canvas with the babies. Nope.
- Finish stockings. I actually accomplished this amazingly enough.
- NaNoScrapO! This was a fun idea, but it kind of fell by the wayside as the month went on. Maybe I’ll get more organized and try again next year.
- Oh February 2015. I not only finished February, I finished March which filled the little gap I had. Now I’m caught up through August 2015. Which is to say, I’m still ridiculously behind.
- Felt Letters. I didn’t finish them, but I’ve made some progress.
- FALL letters. Nope.
- Make a new calendar. Like this one. Done.
- Christmas Card pics. Still need to do these. The weather has been so gross though.
- Blog! lol. I blogged all of twice last month. I don’t anticipate this month being any better.
- Finish felt letters. I only have 8 to go. I want them done this week.
- December Daily. There’s no way that I’ll finish this in December, but I would like to try to at least take some pictures every day.
- Christmas photo shoot. Need to make this happen.
- Order Christmas cards. Meh. I usually love Christmas cards, but they just might not happen this year. Wow. I am really setting the bar low with these goals.
- Um… I’ve got nothing. So it looks like just 4 goals this month. I’m cool with that.
I decided to morph NaNoScrapO into NaNoCraftO. What is NaNoCraftO you ask? Well, RaptorDad does NaNoWriMo which means that every November he writes a 50k word novel. Which means I’m left to amuse myself for a month, oh the horrors! This month I decided to come up with my own project to keep busy.
Initially I was going to try to scrap a page a day. I’ve done that before and, while it does encourage me to get a lot of stuff done, it’s just not as much fun unless a whole group is doing it with challenges and stuff. Side note, I miss 2peas so much. ::sob:: So I decided to give myself the freedom to finish any crafty project! What have I done so far?
November 1- I made a new washi calendar.
November 2- I edited our Halloween pics and made a Halloween layout.
November 3- Another Halloween layout.
November 4- I got nothing done! But the babies did try out playdoh for the first time. Mia thinks it’s delicious. lol.
November 5- I scrapped 4 pages! One arty one for Halloween (yes, I did 3 layouts for trick or treating. lol.) that I counted as project number 4. Then I finished February 2015! So glad to have that done. I really need to pick up the pace and try to get closer to caught up.
I’m focusing more on creating and less on taking fancy pictures for the blog, but if you want to see what I’m working on I am posting on instagram with the hashtag #NaNoCraftO. I’d love to see it become a whole movement!