So. Kate and her friend H are obsessed with their American Girl dolls. H’s mom has been trying to convince me for months that we needed to take the girls to the American Girl Doll Store in Houston (about 3 hours away) and she finally wore me down. 😉 Time for a road trip! Since we are totally crazy, we decided to take the twins and her 2 year old along as well. And since our daughters are also crazy, they decided to coordinate everyone’s outfits. We looked a bit like a Gymboree commercial. lol.
It’s not February, but I have a ton of Valentine’s Day supplies (what can I say, I love pink!) and I’m trying to use up some of my stash instead of buying new things constantly. And the whole American Girl experience is so girly that it seemed perfect,
I’ve been saving the scraps of this transparency forever and I finally decided to go ahead and use it. I’m so glad I did! I’ve been trying to actually USE my supplies instead of just hoarding them. Maybe I’ll need to shop again in another 3 years. lol.
I ended up making 3 layouts for the trip even though we were just there for a few hours. In the past, I would have combined the photos onto one spread, but I was having so much fun with my Valentine’s Day papers that I spread them out. I also found 3 different stories to tell. I used coordinating papers, but did not try to make a 2 page layout. I’ll post more tomorrow and Friday!
More fun beachy layouts!
More from The Pier. When I bought this collection, I wasn’t a huge fan of the more neutral patterns, but now I’m loving them which is convenient since I have a bunch left over from the paper pads.
I’ve gotten several roller stamps in my Studio Calico kits, but I haven’t used them much. I’m trying to use my stash though so I’m playing around with them. I think I like them?
I loved this washi tape, but it was a little thick for the top of the page so I cut it in half. I’m on a one picture per page kick and I really like it. Since I’m still doing project life, I don’t feel bad about leaving out some of the pics. Plus, probably 90% of what I scrap now is from my instagram feed. lol.
Once in a blue moon, the babies (do I have to start calling them toddlers?!? Say it ain’t so!!!) actually play nicely together. And even more rarely, I actually manage to snap a picture of it!
Y’all. Xander was actually giving a hug. ::swoon:: And Mia was tolerating it! They were actually giggling together at one point, but I’ll take what I can get in the non-screaming photo department. lol.
I think the papers are mostly from one of the Shimelle collections with a few Project Life cards and doilies thrown in for good measure. I actually didn’t plan on matting it on the green paper initially, but then I stuck the washi tape down too far down on the page and it looked weird. So I cut off the top and taped it to the green cardstock. Problem solved. 😉
I love these tiny wood veneer hearts! They came in one of my Studio Calico kits and I’m in love. I wish I could buy a million of them, but I’m pretty sure they were an exclusive.
I thought this XOXO embellie was perfect because 1. hugs. 2. X for Xander! And yes, I’m a huge dork like that. lol.
These pictures were just so cute and springy that I couldn’t wait to scrap them. I think I scrapped them the same week I took them which is saying something around here! They’ve just been languishing in my to-be-blogged pile, but I’m dealing with the backlog people!
I think if you’ve read the blog for long, you know that I love October Afternoon and I love summery collections. This one ticked all the boxes. And as I have it in the same drawer ad the Crate Paper summery line that I bought at the same time, it’s highly likely that there’s some of that mixed in there too. And I’m pretty sure the frames are from The Pier, my favorite Crate Paper collection ever.
I used the frames to highlight the places where the layers intersected and added some butterflies because butterflies make everything better.
I love that heart paper so much. I bought a ton and I think I’m out. Same goes for the yellow sunburst I’m using as the background paper. Whomp whomp.
And can we talk about gold? I resisted for so long, but I have finally drunk the koolaid. In fact, you might say that I’m drunk on the koolaid. Gold washi and glitter forever!
Oh my gosh, I really am behind on the blogging as this happened in May. Kate has loved Girl Scouts so much. We have been truly blessed in finding the perfect troop. I think she has learned so much and gained so much independence this year. She even went on a 2 night camping trip without me! Her troop had their bridging ceremony back in May for the girls who are moving up to Brownies. Unfortunately, one of their cohort couldn’t be there, but they were still so excited to put on their Brownie vests. And, um, I may have cried when her leader took off her Daisy apron for the last time. So many great memories! And can I just say that she looks soooo much more grown up in a vest than an apron? I’m just going to go cry into my Diet Coke, you guys enjoy the layout.
Such a great group of girls! I kind of threw everything but the kitchen sink on this layout. lol. I started with same stencil/ paint, then I layered a bunch of scraps of paper, and then I added some ephemera and stickers. I finished it off with some gold Heidi Shine because, duh. 😉
Here’s a close up of one of the embellishment clusters.
And here’s a close up of the photo frame.
We start scouts again this week and I cannot wait!!!
First, how’d I do with August? Let’s take a look.
- Scrap January 2015. Done! I rewarded myself my scrapping some current pics.
- Birthday pictures. Oh my goodness. The babies are 16 months old. I think I need to accept that smash cakes pics just aren’t going to happen. I did get some pics at their birthday party and I think I’m just going to have to deal with the fact that that is as good as it’s going to get. Since that was my main excuse against cutting Xander’s hair, it looks like I might have to go ahead and concede defeat on that one too.
- Paint DAD letters. Done! They look a bit, um, rustic since I painted over the previous teal incarnation and I wasn’t particularly neat when I painted that year. Oh well! If I ever get these pictures done it will be a miracle 😉
- Organize needlework projects. Done! In fact, I went ahead and organized the craft shelves in my bedroom while I was at it. What? You don’t have overflow craft shelves in your bedroom to hold projects that don’t fit in your craft room?
- Summer reading stuff. Whoops. I went to enter her last 2 rounds of books, but the deadline had already past. Thankfully, Kate wasn’t too bothered by this. She loves to read so much that she doesn’t really need an external motivator.
- Living room wall plan. Yeah, not so much. lol.
- Garage sale box. Ha. Hahahahahaha.
- Scrap beach trip. Done! And I had so much fun doing some current pics. I didn’t end up bringing my big camera down to the beach once, (I was worried about getting sand in it) but I got some great pics with my phone and some cute ones with my waterproof camera. I will say that I love my waterproof camera for underwater pics, but obviously the water was way too cloudy for that to be viable at the beach. I do love that I can take it out in the water, but the quality isn’t all that fantastic if it’s not in the water. Still, I would have been way too nervous to take my camera or even my phone out into the waves so I got pictures that I wouldn’t have been able to get otherwise. One day I’m going to upgrade my waterproof camera, but it’s pretty far down on my wish list. First I want to buy all of the scrapbook kits. lol.
- Waterproof Camera. I did pull all of the pics off of the waterproof camera and got them all organized. The ones from our trip out to West Texas are amazing. I can’t wait to scrap them!
- Planner love. It’s not quite a habit yet, but I have pulled out my planner and started using it again. I need to print off a few new pages, but I love that I getting organized again.
Look at my tiny babies at their birthday party in March! Soooooo cute!
Now time to set some September goals…
- Scrap February 2015. I have 3 events to scrap, but one of them is my sister’s wedding (at which Kate was an absolutely adorable flower girl) so I might end up with more than 1 page for that. We’ll just have to see how it goes. I might scrap one pic and then have a facing page with 6 4×6 photos tiled.
- Finish June, July, and August for 2016 Project Life. Let’s be honest, there’s no way all of this is getting done in a single month, but I cancelled my Studio Calico subscription and signed up for a Hip Kits subscription which starts in September. I can’t wait to get my new goodies! With that said, I have a half used kit from June and unopened kits from July and August that I would like to use before I get my new stuff and the old stuff gets tossed aside. We’ll see how far I can get with this goal.
- Decide on Halloween costumes. Obviously this will involve coordinating the babies with whatever Kate decides on. lol.
- Scrap 10 current (non Project Life) layouts.
- Work on Xander’s stocking. I’m going to spend September working on Xander’s stocking and October working on Mia’s. I would really like to get them done this year.
- Finish hand towels. Another Christmas gift. This one is some cross stitched hand towels that ended up being loads more complicated than expected. Looks like I need to find a new netflix series to binge watch!
- Make FALL letters. These have been on my seasonal decorations wish list for a long time. I even have the paper! I just need to go buy the letters and make them.
- Organize DVDs. This is part of a larger goal to clean out our hall closet, but first up is to (hopefully) add a bunch of DVDs to the garage sale pile and find a home for the rest.
- Finish felt letters. Oh my. These are so overdue.
- Figure out something for family pictures. Tripod maybe? Or possibly just pics of the kids again. I also want to find a new location.
My children napped again today. It’s a Christmas miracle! Naturally I ignored the dishes piled in the kitchen and ran to my craft room. Hey, these pictures aren’t going to scrap themselves!
Since I just finished January 2015, I rewarded myself with some current pictures from our beach trip last month. So fun! And since I stopped keeping up with the latest and greatest, I still love my old stuff. Most of this is from an older Crate Paper collection, The Pier.
I’m also on a one photo per page kick. It means that our trip to the American Girl store is 3 layouts instead of one, but I’m loving the way it looks. I’ll catch up eventually, right? hahahahahaha
Well hello there! Goodness, it’s been a while. I have no excuses other than the fact that I was so busy having an awesome summer that blogging kind of fell by the wayside. Whoops! Raptor went back to school a week and a half ago, and ::knock on wood:: the babies have actually been napping since we’re not running all over creation every morning. And the olympics are over which means that I have no more excuses! I was scrapping up a storm last week and I finally have some stuff to share. Plus, I have a million ideas buzzing around in my head and I need to bust out a crafty to do list. The holidays are coming people!
You get adorable pics of my babies at the beach since this would just be a boring pictureless goals post otherwise. And yes, I realize that August is almost over, but I didn’t want to wait until September to make a goals list. 😉
- Scrap January 2015. I only have to do 2 layouts, surely I can knock them out. As you guys know, I vastly prefer to scrapbook current stuff, but I just want to get these done. The first few months of the twins’ lives are scrapped but I need to do January, February, and March of 2015. I’m thinking I’ll try to tackle a month a month (lol) to fill in the gap that I have.
- Birthday Pictures. You guys. The twins are 16 months old and I still haven’t taken their birthday pics. I know I know. I want to get these done this week. Period. I jut need the weather to cooperate…
- DAD pictures. Ugh. Same story. I want to at least get the letters repainted this week. (I think we all know that there’s no way that I’m getting 2 photo shoots done in the same week. lol.)
- Organize, catalogue, and find a better way to store all of my needlework projects. I’m thinking gallon ziplock bags? I need to get cracking on these and start crossing them off the master list! Currently, I have 2 in progress cross stitch projects that are meant to be Christmas gifts, 2 baby stockings that I also need to finish before Christmas, a set of felt letters that are ridiculously overdue, a felt advent calendar, and a partridge in a pear tree.
- Enter Kate’s summer reading stuff. We have to do all of this online, and I’ve forgotten our log in info because I’m a giant spaz. Hopefully I’m not too late!
- Go through Pinterest and decide on a plan for the living room wall. I at least want to make a list of the projects I’d like to attempt. lol.
- Fill one garage sale box from craft room.
- Finish scrapping beach trip.
- Pull pictures off of waterproof camera.
- Start using planner again!
For last week’s project I worked on my Project Life album. I got a few layouts done and I’m still loving the project. I haven’t figured out a good way to take pics of it without the glare causing huge problems though, so you get a 12×12 page instead.
I’ve been so focused on December Dailies and Project Life spreads that I haven’t made an actual 12X12 layout since November. I made 2 layouts a few weeks ago with current pictures and I finally pulled them off of my camera today. So much fun! I know I need to play catch up (I’m still working on December 2014!) but I’m having way more fun doing current projects. Next step, buy some more albums! I have a giant stack of layouts awaiting a home.
I love this layout! If you follow me on instagram, you saw that Raptor and I had a mommy/ daughter date at the Rodeo fairgrounds a few weeks ago. The timing wasn’t the best, but we had been given free ride passes for one day only so we decided to just go anyway. And I’m so glad that we did! RaptorDad and I are thinking that we need to plan more Mommy/Daughter and Daddy/Daughter dates.
I took all of the pictures with my phone and I’m really happy with how they turned out. It’s not a DSLR, but its as good as any point and shoot I’ve ever had.
I’m actually really happy with how this layout turned out. I wish I had taken pictures of it at the various stages! First, I put down some paint with a stencil and let that dry. Then I busted out an oldie but goodie- October Afternoon Midway. I still love that collection. I just played around with some scraps of paper until I liked the look, then I added some stickers and tickets. I finished it up with some Heidi Shine. <3