Oh my. I can’t believe that I didn’t write a single blog post in November or December. Actually, I can. 😉 The babies haven’t been sleeping great (understatement lol) so we’ve just been on survival mode. But those of you who have been readers for a while know that I can’t resist a good goals post, especially on New Year’s! You guys also might remember that I don’t generally do year long goals. I just find them too ambitious and easy to quit. Now a month long goal? Who can’t commit to doing something for 31 days? (Spoiler alert: me. lol. But I’m going to try to do better this year.) With that in mind, here are my goals for January. With some cute pics from a little photoshoot I did for our Christmas cards sprinkled in. Don’t worry, Xander didn’t manage to crawl off the bridge.
1. Write Thank You notes. I’ll actually try to tackle this one this weekend because I hate to have them hanging over my head. The big question this year is if I can include the babies thank yous in the same note as mine… (Kate does her own.)
2. Blog!!! Oh my. I realize that this is a goal pretty much every month. The reason being twofold. One, I actually enjoy the writing aspect of keeping a blog. Plus I hope that one day I might have an actual following. Two, keeping up with the blog forces me to actually do something creative so that I have something to put on the blog! And my mental health is soooooooo much better when I’m taking regular time to be creative.
3. Meal Plan/ Grocery Shop. This should be interesting. I got a fancy shopping cart cover for Christmas and I was so excited to try it out that I took all 3 kids to the grocery store. Well, we made it out alive, with groceries even, and Xander only broke one giant glass jar of preserved peppers so I guess I’m counting it as a win. Still, I think I need to think of some new strategies for next week. (Ones that don’t involve instacart as tempting as that may be. lol.) Suggestions?
4. Dinner Prep. I’d like to start making dinner at least 3 times a week. The ultimate goal will be to find recipes that I can prep in the morning or during naptime. So heavy focus on crock pot and things that can be assembled and then baked later. I got some awesome new baking dishes for Christmas so I feel like this is feasible now. Trying to cook (or having RaptorDad cook) at 5:00 when RaptorDad gets home is a disaster. The babies are just d.o.n.e. I feel like if we can eliminate the need to deal with dinner we can have some quality family time.
5. Which brings me to goal number 5. I would like to make a daily walk part of my routine with the babies. I’m thinking in the morning? But a family walk might be nice too if I can get the dinner thing situated. Maybe both! At a minimum, I want to take the babies for a walk every “work day.” We went yesterday and today and it was lovely.
6. On to the crafty goals! First up is that I want to complete 2015 December Daily. If you follow me on instagram (did I post this?) you might know that I splurged and ordered 2 back kits from Ali Edwards when they went on super sale. OMG. I’ve never had a kit before and I had no idea how much fun they could be! It actually inspired me to go back and do a December Daily for 2014. I think I’ll blog it this month. Also, I’m considering buying a Project Life kit or 2 with some of my Christmas money. I’m currently trying to decide between the Studio Calico one and the Hip Kit one…
7. Speaking of Project Life, I want to do 6 layouts. 3 from January 2016 and 3 as a catch up for 2015. What about 2014 you ask? Blah. It’s digital and I’m over it. I have the notes and I’m sure I’ll go back and do it eventually, but Photoshop and I are not currently on speaking terms after a bit of a failed Christmas present.
8. Scrapbook December 2014. If I can knock this out, I’ll be done with another album! I love finishing up a whole album.
9. Scrapbook current layouts. I like to at least try to do some layouts in the moment before I forget the details! So I’d like to knock out a few from this fall even as I work on bridging the gap to the babies’ births.
10. Take (and edit!) pics of the babies at least once a week with my “real” camera.